Learning is at the heart of everything we do. John Hansard Gallery is proud to support schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring students and staff to create, experience and participate in world class contemporary art.
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools and education settings, recognising their commitment to high quality arts and cultural experiences.
Artsmark is awarded by Arts Council England (ACE) and helps your school or college develop, embed and celebrate your commitment to arts and cultural education, as part of a broad and balanced curriculum.
Artsmark embed the Arts Council England’s Quality Principles (link):
- Striving for excellence and innovation
- Being authentic
- Being exciting, inspiring and engaging
- Ensuring a positive and inclusive experience
- Actively involving children and young people
- Enabling personal progression
- Developing belonging and ownership
A partnership with John Hansard Gallery can add value to your Artsmark journey; motivating, inspiring and challenging your children, young people and staff to take the next step.
- Exhibitions of contemporary visual art
- Free resources to support learning in the gallery and the classroom
- Tours that encourage deeper engagement
- Practical workshops in our Active Space
- Continued professional development events
- Knowledge of the local and cultural landscape
- Expertise on progression pathways in the creative industries with reference to the Gatsby Benchmark
- 18+ Work placements and opportunities through our Beacons programme
We encourage schools, colleges, teachers and students to see us as a learning resource. We welcome collaborations and longer-term projects developed in partnership with schools and colleges. Costs vary depending on the level of support and the scale of the partnership.
Get in touch to find out how we can tailor our offer and support you on your Artsmark journey.
Arts Award is an adaptable framework that can be shaped to fit the interests of young people looking to explore to the arts, culture and heritage. The qualifications, which range from Explore to Gold, give recognition to young people up to the age of 25 for the passion and commitment they demonstrate as they grow as artists and arts leaders.
John Hansard Gallery activities embed Arts Award and we can support you to build this into your Arts Award plan. We provide opportunities in which you can:
- Take part in the arts
- Be the audience
- Experience arts inspiration
- Share a skill
- Form a view
- Develop arts leadership
Get in touch to find out how we can support your young people to achieve their Arts Award.